We are super excited this week for the launch of Future Focused TX, a campaign to help ensure that our students stay on track for college enrollment despite the effects of COVID-19.
Future Focused TX was created for counselors by leaders in college and career advising and experts in deep student engagement. By signing on to the campaign, you’ll receive monthly digital packages of free, compelling, research-based content to help your students graduate from high school and successfully matriculate into college.
Why Future Focused TX matters
COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on students and their hopes of matriculating to college. Some experts expect as much as a 20% reduction in four-year college enrollment. This reality would be devastating both for young people and for our state. With the right information and support, we believe that Texas students can buck this trend and stay focused on achieving their college goals.
We’ve collaborated on Future Focused TX with Get Schooled, United For College Success (UFCS), CollegeForward, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), and the Texas College Access Network (TxCAN).
What’s in it for you
- Weekly student activities: Weekly forwardable emails with actionable steps students can take to make progress on their college journey. These emails will include links to Get Schooled’s resources and free text support through ADVi (Texas’ statewide college advising texting platform).
- Digital content packages: A regularly updated digital folder with timely content, college-going activities, and shareable digital handouts for easy download. These packages enable you to choose which content you want to send to students, and when.
- Monthly webinars: Preview each month’s digital counselor package, discuss insights and strategies for increasing content absorption among students, and provide feedback on the previous month’s content. These will be recorded and accessible 24/7 on GetSchooled.com.
What’s in it for your students
- Engaging social: Get Schooled will deliver content directly to students via social media, offering compelling content and campaigns that deepen student engagement.
- Targeted email and text: Students may receive regular contact via text with ADVi, in addition to the emails you push directly to students. All communications will focus on key milestones such as testing dates and preparation, FAFSA and TASFA support, ApplyTexas requirements, and college list-making.
- One-on-one support: For answers to specific college and financial aid questions, Get Schooled’s highly trained textline responders and virtual advisers will answer individual questions within an hour Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time.
Learn more and join us at FutureFocusedTX.org.